Thursday 24 July 2008

The land of Leprechauns

Well my trip to Hull has been and gone. Graduation was fun, if a little bizarre. I still don't feel any different, I just now have a piece of paper telling me I've got a degree. It's all a bit weird really.

The visit was fun. I got to see people again, and say goodbye again. That bit hurt. More than I expected. I even cried some, a rarity for me. Well no, I'll correct that. It's a rarity that people witness me crying, and three people saw this outburst. It was my final night in Hull and I was saying goodbye to two of my closest friends. One of whom I'm sure I'll see again, but the other - he makes promises but he's hard to keep track of even when we're in the same city, so I'm just hoping that it won't be any harder now we're in different countries.

Back home again now, and it's nice but I'm not liking the unpacking part. Especially since I have no idea what to do next. I have a chance to move back to the UK, but it'd be temporary and in a new place with strangers. Not terribly keen to do that. It has a plus side though, by being in the UK I can go visit people in Hull more regularly. It'd be jumping on a train instead of a flight...but we'll see what happens.

No comments: