Thursday 13 September 2007

Back in the land of dodgy accents and Shakespeare

Now I know my family will all put me in the stocks for saying a thing like what I am about to say but today, as I was driving back to Hull, and I could see the Humber Bridge in the distance I felt like I was home. As we drove under it my face errupted into a smile and it's been that way all day. Driving through the city, and along the streets I've become accustomed to, I felt comfortable. So what if it has a high crime rate, or is voted the worst place to live....I still love it. I haven't stopped since I got here today, unpacking, grocery shopping, seeing people. I've already caught up with three good friends and I'm not even back half a day.

I feel alive again!!!

I've felt dormant all summer, like I was in hibernation or just waiting for something different. This is my different. This is where I am me.

1 comment:

David Morris said...

It's good to know you're feeling better.