Sunday 30 September 2007

Now The Fun Really Starts!

The last two weeks have been fantastic! I've been going constantly, doing things, seeing people, registering! Even when I didn't have anything planned I was still busy. But as of tomorrow the real work starts. It's my final year and I need to treat it seriously, but for some reason I don't see that happening. I can't comprehend that in less than 12 months I will be finished University and out in the big bad world - all going well.

I got my semester timetable on Friday, and it is possibly my easiest semester class wise that I've had since I started. I have two hours every other Monday, two hours every Tuesday, and three hours every Friday. That's it. My mom's reaction to this was 'Good, you can get a job!' which is true, I could. But will someone hire me for two days midweek? Most places want weekend staff, which I can't do due to other commitments. With the ISA I need to have my weekends free so I'm available to go on the trips. Which is all well and good, but trying to find a job....that's another story altogether.

Went on a day trip to Scarborough yesterday - volunteering again. The International Office organised a trip and needed some volunteers so myself and three others went. In theory it was a good idea, in reality it just didn't work. Buses had been booked for the wrong day so instead of four showing up at 10am only one showed up. Took over an hour for us to get three more buses, which meant the students going had already lost an hour of their day in Scarborough. Then because of this the buses all dropped the students off at different areas in Scarborough, which made trying to pick them up to come back to Hull another nightmare. I just closed my eyes and prayed. I found a seat on a bus and I decided that was it. If we had lost students then we had lost students. They're all adults, they should be able to act as such and make their own way back to Hull if we did lose them. All in all it was a fun day, ate too much junk food and walked the promenade enough for my legs to be complaining today, but thats what you do on a day at the Seaside!

And lastly, the rugby. I am so disappointed in Ireland's performance in the World Cup this year. They have the potential to be one of the best teams in the world, and before the WC they were in the top 6. But with the way they have played in the tournament I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped down to the bottom 6.

No comments: