Monday 24 September 2007

And Breathe.....

This is the first time since I arrivied in Hull that I have actually had a day to relax and chill out. International Welcome Week went really well, everyone seems to have settled in and there doesn't seem to have been any major mishaps. On the down side however, not one of the students has stuck out in my mind as someone I could be really close friends with. I was really really lucky last year, meeting people like Sarah, Becky and Terri, but it seems that was a one off. There are a couple of people I'd definately like to keep in contact with but no one exceptional. But then again, there is still time. I may yet meet a new student I haven't encountered. Of course there's always the fact that I made a few good friends through the other volunteers, maybe thats where the key lies.

The week was crazy, at uni for 9 most days, not finishing until 4 or 5 in the afternoon, sometimes 8 or 9, and once even 1:30am. That was a long day! And then there were the parties in the evenings too!! But I know it was appreciated, and I loved doing it, so I had no problem doing it. However, it probably didn't help that I stayed at a friend's house most nights - because they live closer to the uni campus than I do - and we got into the habit of talking until very late in the night, against our better judgement. It was just really good to be able to catch up.

Anyway, I have to go and blitz my room and house - house inspection tomorrow and even though its not bad, I'd rather it looked a bit better.

No comments: