Thursday 25 October 2007

Home Comforts

It's funny the things that make you miss home. I got a package from home today, which included some Irish brand tea {Barrys!} and I'm currently enjoying my first cup of proper irish leaf tea. It's so nice. Especially having a Wispa to go along with it. AND, got Tom to agree that it is good tea.

Not a lot going on this week, I've just been spending time with Nick, trying to get my work done and trying to find a free couple of hours to go to the cinema and see Stardust. I keep getting told I'll love this movie, so I'm trying to go see it. But as it stands I haven't had the chance to yet. Had planned to go see it Tuesday at 8pm. I had a meeting at 6:30pm for my Student Representitive Training. Even though I did it last year I still had to sit there for the full meeting - which took over an hour and a half. So no movie! :( But fingers crossed I'll get to see it tomorrow evening. That's the current plan.

One of my best friends, Alex, rang me today asking me if I was still interested in moving in with him next year. He suggested it in the first week, when I went to see his new house. When he showed me one of the rooms he said I could have it next year. I thought it was a joke. But no, he seriously offered for me to have the room next year. Thing is I don't know what I'll be doing next year. I'm looking at MA's, possibly one in creative writing, but it's expensive. And then I'm also thinking about maybe running for a sabbatical position, but the one I'm interested in (VP for academic representation) I don't think I have enough experience to actually get it. Then, maybe I might just stay here and try get a job in the area, but from listening to friends who have tried that this year, having graduated this summer, there are next to no jobs in Hull, unless you want to work in a factory or bakery. Which I don't. I want to open a book store, but I need experience, I need business knowledge. Should I go for an MA in business? I know of someone who has done that, done a degree in English with Creative Writing and gone into his MA in Business. But I know I don't have the head for it so is that even an option I should look at? I just don't know. I have no idea what the future holds for me, and I wish I did.

No comments: