Wednesday 14 November 2007

Rants

It's a bit peculiar, I have been really really busy for the past two weeks, and yet I have nothing to write about. I've been reading, trying to keep up with everything that needs to be read for class. I've been doing stuff with the ISA, trying to organise a festival, a winter ball and trips. I've been trying to still be sociable, my nights out though have dropped back to one {occasionally two} a week, and it's generally still karaoke. An ISA party if there is one. Have not been to Asylum since Halloween, and even then I left early as was just too tired to enjoy it. Invited there tonight but just could not pluck up the energy to go, even though it's Hillbilly night. Which could be really funny.

FINALLY saw Stardust!! It's a fabulous film! Well worth going to see! Two or three times! Possibly one of the best fantasy films that's come out in the twenty years since The Princess Bride was released. Yes, it is twenty years this year since The Princess Bride was released into theatres. How scary is that?? But yeah, anyway, back to Stardust. Robert Di Niro is amazing. I knew this before this film but it just adds to his awesomeness!!

It was a month with Nick the other day. Seems a little strange to me. I generally get to a couple of weeks with guys and want rid of them, but it hasn't happened. Even a friend of mine commented, saying "Isn't a week about normal for you?" and he's right.

Anyway, if I don't stop now I'll end up rambling about absolute nonsense. Such as the fact that Westlife have been allowed - yet again - to disfigure and demolish an amazing song. They have gotten their grubby mitts on Michael Bublé's 'Home' and destroyed it. And yet the general public seem to love it. Why are people so stupid? Why do they follow the crowd, liking what they are told to like? They should think for themselves and realise that Westlife only do covers, and all of the songs they have ruined were in fact once amazing.

No comments: