Saturday 1 December 2007

Flying Home For Christmas

It's officially December so it's finally okay to talk about these sorts of things. I've booked my flights!! Flying into Dublin on the 2oth of December, hopefully with Susan in tow. I know it's less than three weeks away but it can't get here fast enough. Little things lately have been pulling at the heart strings and I'm missing home alot. And it's effecting my everyday persona. I'm quiet and distracted and 'off' is the most common term. A few people have said it to me. And all it is is that I need to come home. It's Christmas, it does it to me every year. And because the promotions and displays and lights are all happening earlier and earlier every year, I get homesick that little bit earlier every year. But, on the plus side, Susan is very very excited about spending Christmas with my family. It will be totally different for her I'm sure. She's never had a stocking before, or really knew the reason for them. Tried to explain it today while we were walking around the Christmas markets in Manchester, but don't think I did a wonderful job of it.

Oh yeah, Went to Manchester today for an ISA trip, it was nice. Bit cold, but five different Christmas Markets around the city, so we just wandered around them for most of the day and ate a lot of European food - the European Market was my favourite, and the biggest. It even had a singing moose head. Yeah, odd I know.

No comments: