Saturday 19 January 2008

Lacking title topics

I don't really have anything to talk about today.

My writer's block disappeared shortly after I stopped putting things off, funnily enough, and I am now officially finished the first semester of my final year at university. That's a lot scarier than it sounds, believe me. So I now have a week entirely to myself. Well, almost. As always I have plans and meetings and volunteering and this, that and the other. But wouldn't be a week for me without all the above.

This last week I've been very stressed, what with three essays due in three days in succession. They're all done. They may not be up to the best standard but they're done. And what with the registering for sabbatical elections coming up soon. I have until, early feb to officially decide. I think the final date for application submission is Feb 12th - though I'm not entirely positive. But it doesn't end there!! Once the application is in I have to go through election campaign stuff. Like going to hustings, answering questions thrown at me but students. Having my face and name plastered across the uni!! It's gonna be an interesting few weeks. And in the midst of it all I'm heading off to Paris for a weekend on the 21st. The ISA are organising it, and am going as a trip leader, so it'll be work of sorts, but only if I'm needed that way. I can't wait to go. I've not been in years, and just love the place.

Speaking of, had an interesting discussion with Nick the other night. He doesn't like Paris. Doesn't see the appeal or the charm and doesn't want to go. I'll admit I was in a state of something akin to shock for a while after he said this. I mean I can understand not wanting to go somewhere famous, but its PARIS!!! Or is it just me that thinks this city is a must on the list of things to do before you die?

No comments: