Friday 29 February 2008

Election Fever Is Done

Election Stuff
I had hoped to be able to write here this morning that all the questions I had in my head for if I didn't win would not need to be answered for another year, but that's not the case. The position went to one of my opponents. But hey, someone had to lose. And I'll admit, I know it's all my own fault that I didn't get it. If I'd been more enthusiastic about campaigning there's a good chance I'd have surpassed my opponents....but I'm thinking maybe deep down I didn't want to win. The experience was one I won't forget, but I don't think doing the job would have made me totally happy. All I need to do now is figure out what it is that will make me happy.

In regards to the other positions, I'm delighted for quite a few of the results. People I hope will do an amazing job, and definately the best candidates won - in most cases. In the case of President of HUU however, the only thing I have to say is I am absolutely delighted that I am now a member of her team for next year. I could not - and would not - put up with her for an entire year as my co-worker. And I pity the VP's who have to work with her.

Lastly, big big big congrats to Mr. Hamilton. He was up against a very tough opponent and I know he was terribly nervous throughout the week, but it all came to fruition. Good luck in the job Alex.


Other Stuff
There's not a lot of other stuff to talk about right now, elections kinda took over my life. Guess I can have it back now. I am open to suggestions as to what to do in the future if anyone wants to pass ideas on. I am kinda looking forward to going home for easter. It'll do me good to get away from Hull and think clearly about my future, and about what I want to do. Part of me wants to go home, work and earn some money. Pay back loans and parents and that. But then part of me wants to stay in England, maybe Hull, maybe not. Do the same thing, get a job and start paying back all the money I owe.
I heard yesterday that a girl I went to school with got the keys of her new house. It rocked me slightly. As did getting a wedding invitation from a girl I knew in school. It's a bit strange to think the people I grew up with are, well, growing up. Getting married, buying houses....it's all a bit much. I guess it's something I've got to start thinking about.

No comments: