Friday 8 February 2008

Question Time

I have a question. Am I the only one that suffers from feeling like you're still a child and have no idea about what's going on around you? That things are passing you by in some "adult world" and you're just a bystander? If I'm not the only one, does it ever go away? I've been feeling like that a lot lately. Like somehow I went through a secret door and ended up in an adult land with no clue whats going on and no idea how to navigate my way around it. How do people do it? How do they carry on a normal seeming existence when there is so much crap going on around them? At the moment I am trying to juggle several different things - committees, uni work, elections, seeing people - and still having to be my normal cheery self. It's not easy. A close friend of mine keeps asking if I'm okay, and up until today I would just reply yeah fine! Today she phrased it differently, she asked "I know it's a question you don't like hearing, but are you okay?" My response was "Then do us a favour and stop asking it!" She laughed. I was serious. It really annoys me when it's obvious that I'm not and don't want to talk about it. She should know me well enough to know that.

Anyway! Think I'm done with that tangent - for the time being.

Elections are coming up fast. Three weeks. January 26th the polls open. I'm scared! I went to see the guy who is currently in the position I'm running for yesterday and he showed me some bits and pieces so I can get an idea of what he does. I took some of the material away with me and had a better look at it today, and I can honestly say I don't think I understood even a quarter of what was written on it. Yes I know that I would get full training for the position if I won the place, but the question is do I really want to have to go through learning all of that stuff? It all read like gobbledegook to me. I'm going to go and talk to him again on Monday and discuss it with him. The nomination forms have to be in by midday Tuesday so I'll have it filled in and in my bag, and if talking to him about it convinces me then I'll go and hand it in. No turning back once thats done!

No comments: