Friday 15 February 2008

V-Day

That dreaded day has come and gone. I've never been a fan of the day in the past. It's a commercial money making machine for card companies and chocolatiers and florists. I don't like couples who use the day as an excuse to show how much they care for each other. Yes I understand some people have trouble expressing themselves and days like this are a great help to those kind, but for me...if the man I'm with needs valentines day to express how he cares for me, then I'm with the wrong guy. I should know it by the things he does throughout the year, not just on that one day. Yes, I am an old fashioned romantic in some ways, and this is one.

Speaking of romance, Nick and I called it quits. Two days short of four months {though he thought it had been six - boys!} We talked things through and agreed we were not working and were too different so we split. And it was a good call. He's a nice guy, but not for me.

The sabbatical elections are in two weeks *bites nails*. I'm more nervous than I thought I'd be, and yet not very motivated. It's a bit weird. Fingers crossed it all goes well. I still don't even know if this is something I really want to do, but sure hey! If it's not I'll know later won't I?

No comments: