Saturday 29 March 2008

Time for a Proper Post

Day four back in Hull and what a busy few days its been. I got back Wednesday and was hounded {!!} to go out, so I went and actually had a really good night. We went to Sharkeys, and there ended up being quite a lot of us - especially if you include the three bar staff that I knew.

Thursday I went to the library, did work, met up with a friend for coffee and then that night a friend of mine came over, we had dinner and watched some movies and ended up talking until almost 3am. It was a really nice day. Yesterday I went to see the new Katherine Heigl movie, 27 Dresses. Definately worth a visit. Her and James Marsden work well on screen together and the movie is funny and entertaining.


Then went to Spiders last night with my housemate, a friend of his that's visiting and another crowd of people. The place was pretty empty, most students not being back yet, but it was still quite a good night. So today I am a little bit tired. But it's been fun. And, I've managed to get half way through my essay at the same time, which is a shock to me but there it is, over 1000 words written. Not sure when they got written, but they did. Just another 1,200 or so to go and it's done. That's the plan for the rest of today, since I don't think I have the energy to go partying again, as much as I'd like to.


Easter at home was fun. It was quiet but I liked it. Gave me a chance to relax and think through some things, future options, current predicaments, things of that nature. I don't think I've come to any set decision as yet, but it was a chance to sit without any of the normal distractions.

Speaking of distractions, it was so good to see my nephews this holiday. Eoin took some time to get used to me, but that's not surprising. And Conor was, as always, hilarious without intention to be. And I am quite jealous of him, he got to have his first ever ride on a motorbike. A friend of my father's came to call on his bike, and offered Conor a spin. Why didn't I get one??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.