Saturday 17 May 2008

Three years...what now?

Thursday morning I handed in my essay on the works of Samuel Beckett, and once that green acceptance slip was in my hands I knew I had come to the end. My final essay. My final Third year essay. The end of my degree. Three years of living in Hull, three years of getting to know the people, the campus, the city and now it's all over. Put it in a box marked memories and put it on a shelf, to be peeked into sporadically over the rest of my life. It's a little bit sad really. But it hasn't really sunk in either. Give it a few weeks, when I have to start saying goodbye to people, then it'll sink in. Although, I did have to say goodbye to someone already. I was in Spiders last night and I met a friend who was leaving today. He finished on Wednesday and having no job, no money and nothing to do made the decision to go home. That was a little strange.

On a brighter note, my sister is coming to visit in just over a week. Can't wait to see her, and can't wait to have her here. Have a lot planned for the week she's here, we'll both be knackered by the end of it but what harm!

No comments: