Sunday 3 August 2008

Dreams

I've been having some strange dreams lately, and some nights of interrupted sleep. Falling asleep is difficult. I'm not used to being in this bed, this place, without knowing I'm going back. And it's strange, I've gone from a double to a single, but yet the single feels empty. I've gotten too used to having someone's arms around me when I fall asleep that its made falling asleep without him kinda difficult. I thought I was getting there too, but last night proved I'm not. It took me the best part of an hour and a half to fall asleep, and then I woke about three times throughout the night. Inbetween times having some peculiar dreams. The most peculiar, and the one that has stuck in my mind more vividly than any of the others, is one where I was getting married. I know its because I was talking to someone about weddings and venues and all that goes with it last night, but still. It was so vivid. I could even see the face of my groom, which was a little weird. I was stood behind his chair, hand on his shoulder, singing a song for him. Which was possibly Mary Wells 'My Guy' but I'm not entirely sure. It was all a bit odd. Stranger still was that the guy who's arms I miss, and the groom in my dream - not the same guy. If the guy with the arms is Batman, the guy in the chair was the Riddler. Actually, I like those names, I might stick to those. They suit the men they are attributed to.

No comments: