Thursday 5 August 2010

Animal Cruelty

I just had to write about this because of my immediate reaction to it.

I went for a walk earlier this evening down the beach, and as I was walking back towards the prom I saw a man and his son walking their dog. A beautiful red cocker spaniel I think. She looked quite young and hyper, as those dogs are wont to be. The father had her on her lead (I'm saying her, it could have been him) and walking alongside his left side. As I mentioned, she seemed quite hyper and was trying to run. He kept pulling her back quite sharply, which is done. I did it when we had out dog. I was watching her because she was such a pretty colour and seemed like a sweet dog, when I saw him reach out and kick/shove her on her back haunches, quite forcefully. I will admit it made me sick to my stomach to see and I was so tempted to take her away with me, but he was a big guy, and from dealings with him occasionally in the shop I work in, I wasn't about to take him on.

She didn't seem too affected by the kick. She just kept scampering beside him. But no one should treat an animal that way. Its horrible.

1 comment:

David Morris said...

I totally agree with you. Why that guy did was shameful.