Monday 9 August 2010

New Room


I have spent a lot of my time over the last two weeks redecorating my bedroom. It has been the same since I was about 14 or 15. Not entirely sure when I changed it. But I figured ten years was about enough for the stars.

So, time for a change. My initial plan was to go red, black and white. One deep red wall, three white. White ceiling and black accents. Edgings etc. And with a small design on the red wall. The basic idea has changed, but the colours began to mutate as the process progressed.

White became TOO white. And the red too red. And together a bit too cold. So I mixed it up a little bit. The red wall turned to raspberry, and the white walls to a warm pale cream. The official names of the colours are Raspberry Rush and Picket Fence. Gotta say, I love them.

When I first applied the raspberry to the stark white wall it freaked me out a bit. It was just SO pink. But two coats later and its warm and deep and just so right.

The idea of the edging and design in a dark colour is still there in the back of my mind, but right now I can't decide on a colour. Chocolate brown has been suggested, and I bought four different testers, but none of them match up just right. I need it to be just right. So I may have to spend a few more weeks scouring the paint stores trying to find the right colour. When I have, and have also decided on a design for the wall, I'll update more pictures.

No comments: