Tuesday 15 February 2011

Valentines Day

A day for love; for romance; for being over the top about the one that you're lucky enough to be with. So I did what I do best....I baked. Valentines cookies.
The paler ones are yummy sugar cookies, a recipe borrowed from my sister. The darker ones are chocolate cookies, the recipe gotten here. They were fun to make, and fun to eat. I drizzled white chocolate over them once they were cooled, to give them that little something more. To make them a touch more interesting. I tried writing on a number of them, but they didn't turn out quite right. More practice I believe.


The day itself was fairly typical. Batman cooked for me, which is always nice. As a day it wasn't what I was expecting, but when do Holidays turn out like you thought they would?

No comments: