Sunday 4 March 2018

Sunday Evening Musings

I do this time and again, revive the blog and promise to write regularly, and it rarely happens.

So this time I am not going to make any empty promises. I am just going to write and see what happens.

In terms of my world at the moment it is cold and dark - the weather at least. This week we have had the worst snowfall in this part of the country for over 40 years. It was over 30cm in some places, and it was beautiful. It snowed for 48 hours straight and the roads were quiet, blanketed in snow and it looked so peaceful. It was fascinating to watch. I have to admit I sat by the lit fire and watched the snow fall for long periods of the day.

We spent Christmas this year in the north of England with Batman's family, and on the last day there was a small snowfall. As we headed to the airport on roads that snake through mountainous regions seeing the speckled hills made me yearn for a trip somewhere with proper snow. Somewhere with log cabins and large open fires and snowshoes. Skiing and snowboarding and reindeer. So when I heard the Beast from the East and Storm Emma were due on our little corner of the world and were bringing wintery showers with them I got excited. Kid in a candy store giddy! And as the snow showers started, I thought if enough fell maybe it would satiate my need for a trip to a snow covered vista. But if anything, its made my desire even stronger. I've been researching log cabins in Scandinavian countries, trying to find the best locations. And I've even been trying to talk my sisters into joining me, a family trip to a snow laden wonderland. Whether this dream trip becomes a reality this year or not, its been put out there, it's on the cards. This is one of those Bucket List things.

No comments: