Friday 11 January 2008

Happy New Year!!!!

I thought I'd best write a new year's message before it gets too late into the month and becomes a bit redundant! I've been back in Hull for two weeks now, and the work is going slow and....well, slow! But getting there. I cannot wait until these three essays have been handed in. I am going to relax and read gothic novels to my heart's content, followed by Wilde. I treated myself the other day to a copy of The Picture Of Dorian Gray. It's one I've never read and would love to. So why not she says.

I finished the book version of Stardust over the weekend, and it was really really enjoyable. Different to the film, but very well written and with the same storyline. Though Robert Di Niro's character is nowhere to be found in the book, which is a shame. I was waiting for him the entire time. Oh well.

I've spent the last two nights in the Van Steen residence in Hickleton, just outside Doncaster. It was Alex's 21st and to celebrate a few of his university friends went along for an amazing dinner. I don't think I have ever sat at a dinner table for four hours and been eating for most of the time. It was a mixture of Polish {in recognition of his roots - his grandfather is polish}, Chinese and Indian dishes, all cooked by his aunt and mother on the day.

No comments: