Sunday 17 August 2008

Being a Grown-up

I got an email the other day in response to a job application. They were asking for some more information. The first question was Salary expectation.....I felt like replying to them and saying Honestly, I've been a student for three years so I have *no* idea what it costs to live a real person life, so give me an average amount. And talking it over with my Mom, the amounts she was coming out with sound so bizarre to me. I'm used to dealing with a couple of hundred pounds or euro's, not in thousands or ten's of thousands. It's kind of a bizarre idea, to say that my salary expectation is 25,000 for example. It sounds like a hell of a lot of money and almost unreal to me. Then I always have been kinda naive when it comes to things like that. In a way, I feel like money sort of appears and I just spend it. I have been pretty lucky when it comes to money, I've always had a job in summer due to living in a tourist town, and in winter...well, my dad's a bit of a soft touch, bless him. He made sure I never wanted for anything. But now I gotta grow up and be a proper person. I think I'd rather go back to being 10 if thats alright?

Speaking of money....very good song.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Or: like me, you could go back to university. But... from my perspective right now, follow the money! Good luck with the job apps...